In the summer season, air conditioner is the best source to provide you with comfort and cool air to avoid the scorching heat of the sun. You not only feel relaxed in the presence of an air conditioner but can also perform daily chores in the cool atmosphere created by the aircon. However, when this blessing does not function properly, you might feel quite agitated and perplexed. If you notice water dripping through the condensate pan of your aircon, it is time to clean your aircon drain pipe with the help of professionals available in Singapore.
Reasons for Clogging of AC Drain Pipe
Before you begin cleaning your clogged aircon drain line, you need to know some of the signs to ensure that your AC drain is clogged. Some of the signs of a clogged AC drain include:
- Dripping of water from the aircon unit.
- Water rushing out of the exhaust fan or the cabinet of your aircon
- Presence of water spots around the fans or cabinet of your AC.
- Growing of mold and algae inside the aircon drain pipe.
Materials required to clean the AC Drain
Here is a list of few things you require to clean your clogged aircon drain pipe:
- Small Towel or Rags
- Luke Warm Water
- Wet/Dry Vacuum
- Distilled Vinegar
- Dish Soap or any Cleaning Agent
Steps involved in Cleaning the AC Drain
When you see your aircon drain clogged, cleaning it should be your top priority. Given below are some of the essential steps needed to clean your clogged aircon drain pipe:
- The first and foremost important step involves the turning off of the air conditioner or unplugging it to avoid any damage or harm while cleaning.
- The next step is to locate the condensate drain pipe of your aircon by removing the access panel. This condensate drain pipe can be found under the evaporator coil.
- Now you have to check if the water is overflowing from the condensate pan of your aircon. If it is overflowing, soak the water and then clean the condensate pan with a dry cloth. Use a dish soap to ensure better cleaning of the condensate pan of your aircon.
- In the fourth step, use a vacuum cleaner to unclog the AC drain line. Start vacuuming from the endpoint of the drain opening located outside your home. It is a very good and easy way to remove all the dirt, mold, algae and debris from the drain pipe. It also eradicates any chance of blowing the debris again in your aircon drain line.
- Apply high-pressure vacuum suction to remove the dirt and dust from your aircon drain pipe. This may take several minutes but it will ensure maximum cleaning of your AC drain. The best thing to do is to blow the vacuum suction for one minute at one go and then look for any dirt or mold left in your aircon drain. Repeat this process over and over again until no traces of mold, algae or dirt are left in your aircon drain pipe, and your vacuum comes out clean and shiny.
- In the next step, you have to pour distilled vinegar solution in your AC drain pipe. Keep the vinegar solution for at least one hour to ensure maximum cleaning of your aircon drain line. Resting the vinegar solution for an hour will eliminate any stubborn dust or rust in the drain pipe.
- The last step involves the flushing out of the aircon drain pipe with clean water. You may take the help of your garden hose for this job. It is essential to flush water from the top of the drainpipe to ensure that water flows through the drain pipe leaving out the pipe from the outside of your unit.
By adopting these simple steps, you can clean and unclog your aircon drain in no time. Hiring professionals to clean your aircon drain pipe will consume both your time and money. With the help of these simple steps mentioned above, you can get a new AC for your home or office. Follow these simple steps aptly and enjoy the cool air of your air conditioner.
MCL Air-conditioning is one of the best providers of reliable aircon service and repair in Singapore. MCL undertakes simple and complex repair tasks for aircons at an economical price. They provide reliable aircon installation and aircon service everywhere in Singapore. All jobs are done professionally by well-trained technicians.