People often neglect or do not remember the need for topping up the aircon gas. This is a crucial thing to remember because your aircon cooling is dependent on gas-filled in it.Most people will agree that installing an Aircon is easy but its maintenance is tough. If you have an aircon installed at your office or home. You might be feeling that it takes more care and attention in order to work efficiently. Despite providing schedule checking, many people complain about the less cooling. This could be due to a shortage of gas in your aircon. This article is bought to you by Aircon Servicing company in Singapore, MCL Aircon.
The Lifespan of Aircon Gas
The lifespan of aircon gas totally depends on its way of usage. The average life expectancy of high-quality aircon, gas is 10+ years. Again, the given time can be less or more dependent on its usage. The most, important reason for the gas reduction is its mechanism. The compressor and associated coils are hermetically sealed in the aircon. If the compressor gets damaged due to any external force. There will be a chance of gas leakage, which runs continuously without any noise.
- The lifespan of Branded Aircon’s Gas: If you have purchased a branded, good quality aircon, you need not worry about its gas. Every brand offers 10-15 average years of life expectancy subject to its usage and care. If you take proper care and maintenance of the air-conditioning system, the lifespan can go up to 2 decades. Poor maintenance and negligence can reduce the lifespan of aircon gas to 5-10 years.
- The lifespan of Non-Branded Aircon’s Gas: Those brands which are cheap in price, offered with less than 3 Star rating have a low life expectancy. These aircons can show flaws at any time. Poor quality build parts reduce the lifespan of gas too. Gas in these types of aircon works efficiently up to 5-7 years depending on their usage and maintenance. You may need refilling the aircon gas within 5 years if not handled properly.
Tips to increase the Aircon gas lifespan
- Choosing a reputed brand over cheap brands guarantees you prolong the life of your aircon gas.
- Aircons set at a place where they get direct sunlight increases the chances of gas reduction due to excess heat. Make sure your aircon is away from direct sunlight.
- Try to put a cover on the condenser in the fall and winter months to reduce the debris build-up.
- Good quaily compressor is helpful in increasing the aircon gas lifespan.
- Schedule maintenance of the aircon is necessary, ask your aircon service provider to check the gas of aircon while servicing.
There is no way to check the level of refrigerant (gas) in your air conditioning system without a professional, but there are definitely some signs that indicate the need for a system check.
- Reduction in cooling capacity: The first sign that indicated the gas refilling need is less cooling. You may notice that the air is not blowing as cold as it was before or is not blowing cold air at all. When aircon runs with less gas, their cooling efficiency reduces drastically e.g., earlier your preferred temperature was 24 degrees. But suddenly you don’t feel comfortable with that temperature and start setting the aircon temperature to below 24.
- Water leakage: Water leakage is another sign of gas shortage in aircon. When there is a gas shortage in the aircon, vaporization does not happen properly. The incomplete vaporization turns into water leakage. If you do not treat it immediately, the water leakage can go heavy.
- Wear and Tear: If any kind of wear and tear happens with your aircon due to internal or external force. You may need to consider it checked by an aircon expert. Sometimes the damages are not big, but the gas leakage happens very silently that you cannot even notice. You get to know about it only when the entire gas gets wasted in the air.
- Takes more time to cool: A very common indication of gas refilling need is increased time in the aircon cooling. E.g., your aircon usually takes 20 minutes to cool the room at a temperature of 24 degrees. But sudden it takes 30-40 minutes to cool the same room. This indicates that your aircon needs sincere maintenance without any negligence.
- High energy consumption: When the gas level gets low in the airconditioner your monthly electricity bill increases. If your AC is low on refrigerant, it can’t absorb as much heat from your home. And that leads to air conditioner running nonstop, increasing your power consumption. If you are not sure in the first month. Notice the electricity bill of 2-3 months. If you see continuous increases in the bill. It’s time to hire an aircon service expert.
- Hissing/bubbling noise: In most cases, refrigerant leaks are silent in nature because they’re pretty small. But if there is a large leak in your air conditioning system then you will hear a continuous hissing or bubbling sound when it’s running.
Air conditioners are complicated machines. Checking your air conditioner is necessary to know about the gas leakage. If you do not call a professional and unintentionally did add more gas in aircon, you’d regret it because the leak will allow the refrigerant to escape again. Also, your AC will not work efficiently and eventually become damaged due to an excess amount of gas. MCL Aircon is a Singapore based Aircon Servicing company with qualified technicians. We can take care of your aircon servicing needs. Please book your aircon general service now. Book General Aircon Servicing with us now or call / Whatsapp us @ +65 9450 9801 for arranging aircon servicing for your home.